The Central Coast Leagues Club Limited, ABN 83 001 036 068 and its related entities have a commitment to privacy and the safeguarding of member, visitor and staff personal information.
The Club complies with the provision of the Privacy Act 1988. The following policy provides a clear and concise outline of how and when personal information is collated, stored and disclosed by the Central Coast Leagues Club Limited.
THE INFORMATION THE CLUB COLLECTS
The Club will collect general information about a patron such as name, address, occupation, date of birth, contact details and email address. Information will also be collected because of a membership card being placed in a gaming machine or other Club machines linked to a members’ loyalty system (not ATM’s).
The Club may collect personal information because of a patron’s involvement in Club activities providing benefits or services to patrons. In the interest of safety and security the Club operates surveillance cameras and may collect personal information during investigating complaints or pursuing disciplinary proceedings.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection and when appropriate consent for its use is obtained. The Club will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
The Club does not disclose personal information to any other organisation or person unless there is a:
- legal requirement to do so;
- threat to an individual’s life, health or safety, or public health or safety;
- suspicion that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- patron benefit in doing so.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- process membership applications.
- meet statutory requirements under the Registered Club’s Act and other relevant legislation.
- comply with the Club’s constitution.
- complete a transaction or answer an enquiry.
- register patrons for events, promotions and competitions.
- register details for electronic mail purposes.
- as an aid to third parties that provide products or services under contract to the Club.
- for direct marketing purposes. However, if we contact patrons this way without prior consent, an opportunity to elect the discontinuance of any further marketing communication will be provided.
QUALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Central Coast Leagues Club’s goal is to ensure personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist in achieving this goal, any changes to personal details should be directed to the Club’s Privacy Officer. The Club relies on information provided by its patrons to be accurate and current. If information is not accurate, contact the Club’s Privacy Officer and all reasonable effort will be made to correct the information. No fee will apply to correct personal information.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Individuals may access personal information held on them by the Club by contacting the Club’s Privacy Officer.
The Club may refuse a request to access, amend or delete personal information in certain circumstances. If a request is refused, a reason for that decision will be provided.
The Club takes all reasonable steps to protect any personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The Club takes all reasonable steps to destroy and/or de-identify personal information when no longer needed.
Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files. The Club notes the internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, the Club will not accept responsibility for the security of information sent over the internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
The Club may amend this policy. The amended version will be posted on the Club’s website at www.cclc.com.au
To keep in touch with changes regular visits to the Club’s web site is advised.
Attention the Privacy Officer
Central Coast Leagues Club
Locked Bag 10